Quique Setién, new Barça coach for lack of official status

first_imgAs As learned, Enrique Setién Solar, Quique Setién (27-9-1958) is already the new coach of Barcelona in the absence of official status. Former coach of Lugo, Las Palmas and Betis among other teams, the Cantabrian has reached an agreement to close his signing for the club azulgrana, which will replace Ernesto Valverde. Setién was one of the first options of the sports commission and, discarded Xavi and sentenced Valverde, the possibility has gained strength during this Monday. That the Pochettino option was not popularly received was what activated the Setién route. Setién has never hidden his desire to train Barcelona (“of course I would like to train him”). Also of playing in the Barça club: “I told him that I would have given a pinky for playing with him.” Cruyffista convinced, his style of touch has to do in part with the idea that Barça sells. The actions of Setién rise like the foam at this hour, although Valverde is still the coach of Barça.last_img read more

Read More →

Arconada: “I apologize”

first_imgThe coach of the Royal qualified his statements: “Maybe it was not well interpreted, but I transmitted that same to a member of the Federation before the game. In January more than 23 foreigners have been incorporated and there are three or four teams competing with 15 I don’t have to close the doors. I said the same thing when I won the Queen’s Cup. In the context in which I said it is logical that people have interpreted it that way. I apologize. When we won the Queen’s Cup, I talked about these issues. “Arconada explained how difficult it is to compete against the Barça: “At the level of Barcelona yes. Last year Rayo, Madrid already scored ten goals. The rest of the teams are more evenly matched. They have scored six goals for Atlético who is second.”The coach supported the players for the strike they made to sign the agreement: “They are worried that it will not be signed and that the agreement can be signed” Gonzalo Arconada He went through the microphones of “El Larguero” of the SER to clarify his words after losing the Spanish Super Cup against Barcelona by 1-10. The coach complained about the presence of foreigners after the game: “We are all sorry and it is something that has to reflect the list and the Federation if they want to promote football. Foreigners continue to arrive and the nationals are on the bench. much bigger budget and the Federation has to reflect if they want it to be like that and humiliate others. “last_img read more

Read More →

Goal poker of the Asturian Hugo López in Oman

first_imgThe Asturian striker Hugo López became the great protagonist of the day in the Professional League of Oman thanks to the four goals which he achieved in the victory of his team, Dhofar FC, against Al Nahda. “I am very happy to have achieved the first poker of my career. The three points stay at home!”, Wrote a social euphoric Hugo López after the meeting. The Spanish, who he lives his second stage in Oman – He already played for Dhofar FC between August 2017 and July 2018, opened the can before the break and it was not until the final stretch of the match when he scored the rest of his goals against Al Nahda. He signed 2-0 in 75 ‘, 3-0 in 80’ and converted the final 4-0 moments before the final whistle. Total, Hugo López has scored 10 of the 31 goals that Dhofar FC have achieved this course in the First Division of Oman.The Asturian striker, who already knows what it is to play in Spain, Portugal, Bulgaria, Israel, Cyprus, Mexico, Oman, Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, fight for what would be his second title with Dhofar after conquering the Oman Super Cup last September. The Salalah-based team is currently second in the league, where only three points separate it from a leader in Seeb.last_img read more

Read More →

Thiago, the alternative to Pogba

first_imgThe priority in the next transfer market for Juventus will be the hiring of a guarantee midfielder. The output of Emre Can to the Borussia Dortmund leave a vacancy that you want to fill with a player who is going to be very titular. The first option is Paul Pogba, whose agent, Mino Raiola, has repeatedly acknowledged that the Manchester United player would like to return to Turin. The French player still has one year of contract plus another optional by the club, but given the circumstances (environment, results, performance, injuries …) it does not seem that he will continue playing in Old trafford. In addition, although now it seems to have lost strength, there is the interest of Real Madrid. The logical thing would be for Manchester United to try to recover part of Paul Pogba’s investment with a sale, but if Juve is not the highest bidder, Thiago remains in the bedroom and could be sold before his contract expires and goes free. 6 In any case, Juventus is prepared in case the script does not follow its course, as it indicates Daily Mail. And that is why they have a plan B. This is Thiago Alcántara, from Bayern Munich. The midfielder has just signed up next season and the club is still unclear what to do with him. The 28-year-old is very dear in Germany and seems to have regained its best level, although they are aware that a renewal could mean an increase in the amount close to 15 million euros, something that throws back the Bavarian entity considering that it plans to undertake large signings in summer (talk about Leroy Sané or Kai Havertz). A series* Data updated as of February 20, 2020 6last_img read more

Read More →

Jovic, after traveling to Serbia in quarantine: “I apologize if I put someone in danger”

first_imgLuka Jovic (22 years old) is news this Thursday in Spain and Serbia. The player has been designated by the country’s public authorities that he feels his, even though he was born in Bosnia, due to his behavior in the last hours. With the approval of Real Madrid on Thursday and after failing the coronavirus test, as AS said, on Friday he left on a private flight to Serbia, where he would not have obeyed government restrictions.In the midst of controversy, the Madrid forward has offered his point of view through two stories On Instagram. “Considering that the situation in the world and in our country is very difficult, as it has not been remembered for a long time, I have to express myself and encourage everyone “ Jovic begins. “First, I am very sorry that I am the main theme these days, and I am sorry that it is constantly written about me and not about the main protagonists in the fight against this crisis, which are the doctors and all those who work in healthcare, “he continues. “In Madrid my Covic-19 test was negative. So I decided to travel to Serbia, help and support our people, in addition to being close to my family, with my club’s permission, “ counted the Bosnian Serb. Notably Serbian Prime Minister Ane Brnabic has been very critical of Jovic publicly: “You have seen it all. The examples of our footballers, who come from abroad. They have millionaire contracts there. They come here, they ignore self-isolation. when we get home and that is something that our authorities have to study. “Both Brnabic and other politicians have called on the Serbs not to return to the country, but more than 45,000 people have ignored it, and investigations are underway. Nebojsa Stefanovic, Minister of the Interior, has been positioned on that line: “We have written criminal reports against some of the famous athletes. These people will respond when the court determines that the time has come for that. “ Jovic added details and was very critical: “When I arrived in Serbia, I was tested and it came out negative. I am very sorry that some people have not carried out their work professionally and have not given me specific instructions on how I should behave during my isolation. “ The footballer compared the scenario in Serbia with the Spanish argument: “In Spain it is allowed to go to buy or buy products in pharmacies, what does not happen here. I apologize to everyone if I have somehow harmed or endangered someone. I hope that together we can get through all of this. All my support, Serbia, we will all go out together. “center_img 18last_img read more

Read More →

James, on the exit ramp

first_imgTO James His time at Real Madrid is running out. The Colombian has seen how the coronavirus crisis has meant a temporary point and apart that still complicates a situation that pushes him, like Bale, towards the exit door. Before the break, Zidane showed him that he does not have him in his prayers and, in addition, their contractual situation is a field of thorns. Your link to the club ends in 2021 and this summer only opens two clear paths: a transfer (the most beneficial option for the entity) or that the footballer endures to go free next year being able to negotiate from January with whoever you want … The second came in the Cup, the competition James had to redeem himself. The elimination against Real left him as one of the great signaled. With 0-1 at half-time, he was replaced. From there, the coach did not even make him warm up at Villamarín despite Madrid’s leadership slipping away … The sports importance The coffee maker has drawn a descending line. Chopped. An unexpected summer ‘signing’, when his change in attitude after returning from Bayern announced a new james, to be tier meat. It is the 21st of the squad in minutes played (only 650 ‘) In the league, he has become almost an outlaw. Before the suspension, he has not been seen for different reasons since last October 19, at the trip in Son Moix (1-0). That procured him a touch of attention from Zidane. James has become a regular on the bench.DAVID GONZALEZ It hasn’t helped him either the controversial episode of his injury with Colombia in November. Coming from four games away for personal reasons (traveling to his country to meet his son) and a muscle problem, his team called him up and Zizou left an enigmatic phrase: “No injury, but not available “. Six days later, Colombia reported a ligament strain. It was the fifteenth injury of the playmaker in the last three years.Odegaard further blocks the wayJames will be 29 on July 12, has no place in this Real Madrid and their perspectives are even darker due to the plans of the white club to crown the Return Operation with Odegaard, as reported by AS. A left-hander with an offensive projection, just the profile of the Colombian … But Madrid’s maneuverability is limited. Last summer he did not receive the expected offer (€ 50M) from the two clubs most interested in James, Atlético and Nápoles, and The salary of the Colombian is important (€ 7,750,000 net) for a market that will be hit hard by the coronavirus. But the white entity does not want to risk seeing a footballer fly for free either. in 2014 it cost 80 millions of euros…last_img read more

Read More →

United will not break the bench for any transfer

first_imgThe coronavirus crisis has stopped football, club revenue, and thus also dropping transfer market prices. This decline for some will become an opportunity to get players who want at a cheaper price than expected but, in general, The big deals don’t seem like they’re going to happen this summer.One of those that has already been ruled out to undertake large investments in a single player has been Manchester United through its vice president Ed Woodward. In a telematic meeting with fans, he assured that this crisis is hitting Old Trafford hard and that they will not be able to turn into a red devil anyone for whom they have to sign a transfer that goes up to a hundred million pounds.“No one should be under any illusion given the challenge ahead of us in football. Businesses will not be the usual for any club, including ours, in the transfer market. Sure, our goal is team success, but we need to know the impact across the industry, the transfer market dates and a broader financial picture before we can speak back to normal. I’m not going to feed a player’s transfer speculation for hundreds of pounds this summer, which seems to ignore the reality that sport will have to face, “assured the president. Objectives that remain, but not at any priceIn the face of this crisis, Woodward aims to be more pragmatic in the signings and warns the clubs where their goals are for this transfer market that they will not invest in the same way as in previous summers. Does this get you off the bid? According to the English press it seems not.United have several clear objectives such as Harry Kane (Tottenham), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa) and Jude Bellingham (Birmingham) for which they point that it will bid, but without exceeding. Levy wanted a transfer of 200 million for Kane and Dortmund set Sancho’s bar around 100. Figures that United has already warned will not come.last_img read more

Read More →

Immobile asks the government for “more clarity” on the resumption of football

first_imgThe Italian Government approved last Sunday a decree that allows athletes who practice individual sports to train from May 4 while it prevents footballers from working in their sports centers until the 18th. In addition, it will be possible to train in the parks from May 4, although respecting at least one meter of safety distance.This Wednesday, the Italian sports minister, Vincenzo Spadafora, assured that if he were a president of a Serie A club he would start thinking about next season Because, he considered, the options to resume the competition “are less and less.” Series A was interrupted on March 9 on Matchday 26, with Juventus leading with a point advantage over Lazio, second, and nine over Inter Milan, third. “I agree with the thinking of the club and my teammates. It doesn’t seem right to me to be able to run in a public park and not in Formello, where we have a sports center with six fields that allow us to train individually“Immobile said in an interview on official Lazio television.” We are not making controversy, we just want more clarity. We want to understand why we cannot train in our sports center. We are waiting to return to do what we want. Football moves a lot of money, and there is little time left“he added. Ciro Immobile, Lazio striker and top scorer in the Italian Serie A, asked Wednesday for “more clarity” to the Government on whether and when it will be possible to resume the sports activity of the footballers, while considering it unfair to prevent training until at least May 18.last_img read more

Read More →